Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Gothic Lolita Rant

So I read this article on Morbid Outlook and wasn't impressed. Sure the facts about Visual Kei and some examples of EGL fashion were nifty but the auther couldn't make up their mind why Japanese youth dressed this way at all. Plus, lumping all Western youth into the category of immodestly dressed J-Lo fans was a little annoying...

I love the fight between articles of many authors and websites on whether or not EGL is sexual in any way. I think that depends on the person. I find EGL very aesthetically sexual but I'm also a Little that does Adult Age Play so...that might explain that.

The Wiki How-to article for EGL was pretty useless in my opinion with no real link on where to start, what clothes they recommend starting out purchasing, what bands to look into, etc. The most helpful comment was do your research and you don't have to change your whole wardrobe and personality to be EGL...

Another issue I have with some articles is they make the fashion out to be for teens only. Excuse me, but I am not a teenager, have not been for...er...4years now. I do look young for my age (its a miracle if I don't get carded at the bar) and the look works well with a young face but it doesn't mean that 20-30 yo can't wear this look.

I also hate that all the articles I browse just vomit the same information over and over again. Maybe this isn't the case with the articles and blogs in Japanese and the English ones are just taking forever to catch up.

So there's my rant. I try not to do too many of these...don't wanna ruin my sweet and innocent image lol

No comments:

Post a Comment